Treecreate was founded by Dr Tracey M Benson in 2019 as a means to build connections between creativity, wellbeing, grass roots action and education around environmental restoration and reforestation.
Tracey mentors across a range of contexts:
- 2019-2020 InnovationACT Mentor
- 2009-2012 Graduate Mentor, Department of Environment and Water Resources + Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
- 2018 – current PhD Advisor – students at QUT, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology and TransArt Institute.
Treecreate works to bring together people from different places and knowledges to bring about greater awareness as well as ‘on the ground’ actions for holistic ecosystem wellbeing
Tracey has that rare combination of organisational skills, care for the planet, care for people – an extraordinary network -so nurturing and knowledgeable on all levels from bringing the amazing speakers together to keeping us all in touch with what was going on, to putting out spot fires along the way. Much appreciated.Meeting of the Waters: Locative Media Oceania 2021 course participant.
- National Parks Conservation Trust
- Ginninderry Conversation Trust
- Centre for Applied Water Science, University of Canberra
Join our forest
There are many groups doing great work. Treecreate sees this as a growing network, a forest which is already flourishing. If you have a project you would like to share, please contact us.
Check out our list of inspiring manifestos, declarations and resources
Our Partners and Collaborators – Nothing great happens in silos.
Treecreate is growing strategic and mutually empowering partnerships with a broad range of key organisations and people.
We proudly support
We are open to fresh ideas and innovation that focuses on climate change action and creating a better planet for all beings.
How do we work with our collaborators?
Although we have big dreams for the future we also want to focus on NOW. We do this by:
- offering our skills in online channel development, web, communications, ICT project management, user research and outreach strategy
- hands-on tree planting with land care and volunteer conservation groups
- creative projects aimed at raising eco-awareness and connecting to places
- building strategic networks and connecting like minds
- design, development and delivery of education programs focused on environment and more-than-human relationships
- eco-therapy activities including guided walks, meditation and energy work.
Please reach out and contact us if you would like to find out how to collaborate and co-create future possibilities.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of Country throughout Australia and honour their continuing connection to land, water, culture and community. We pay our respects to all Elders past, present and emerging. We also acknowledge the Elders of the Ngunnawal and Ngambri peoples, on whose land we live and work. We pay our respects to all First Nations peoples and acknowledge their deep knowledge of the earth.